Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 54: Good Times, Bad Times

Thessaly misses Riley.

Everywhere she goes in this house bring memories of him, and she finds herself bursting into tears without apparent cause as she goes about her days without him. Trent does his best to console his mother-in-law.

And he does same for his grieving wife.

His own grief is only expressed in private. When his own father left him, Trent wanted to go it alone, believing he was ready for independence. Riley stepped in and took over the paternal role, which Trent had resented somewhat at the time. But now a father himself, Trent is grateful to have had Riley's influence during that critical time.

The triplet become children. Hawke.

Phoenix.

Raven.

"Mwa-ha-ha! I am the emperor of Eeevil!" Franklin Cyr may be a criminal mastermind, but he can't even scare little children.

Phoenix and Raven discuss their grandmother's improbably long lifespan.

"I bet she drank a magic life extension potion!" Phoenix postulates.

"She probably just has a healthy lifestyle," Raven suggests.


Thessaly hasn't taken any potions, and she has no idea why she's outlived so many other elders in town. Kennedy's husband Elton recently passed, and while he was older than his wife, he was still younger than Thessaly. And her cousin Marta, Demond's wife, was younger than her as well, and yet met the Reaper before her.

"I think I understand how it is for you," she confides in her vampire father-in-law, mourning yet another human wife, "To just keep going on while everyone you love passes away..."

The vampire gives her a consoling embrace. "They say time heals all wounds, but it's time that creates those wounds in the first place. But don't let the grief overshadow the joy. You and Riley built a wonderful life together, and nothing can change that."

Riley pays a visit to remind Thessaly of all the good times they shared in life.

Aging has suddenly become a concern for Trent, and he turns to the treadmill in th hopes of retaining his youth.

The studio continues to put demands on Aislin, as well, sending her out to the clubs, making sure she's seen living the life of the young and energetic. She's become a superstar actress, winning every award available to an actress, but experience isn't the only requirement for getting the best roles.

 She can go out and strut her stuff the same as before, but it wears her out much sooner.

When she and Trent escape into the elevator, she slides into his arms. Not for lovemaking, as they used to do so often, but for support. She's almost too exhausted to stand.


The family attends the triplets' badging ceremony.  The children are growing up fast, and Thessaly remains to see it.

The triplets become teens. Hawke, the daredevil virtuoso.

Raven, ambitious and serious.

And Phoenix, athletic and outdoorsy.

The first thing Hawke does is pick up a guitar. His family has a long history of producing musicians.


Phoenix heads to the park to train, to find the dummy occupied by her classmate, Emilio Cyr.

She does appreciate the athletic type.

"Do you want to have a go at it?" Emilio offers.

"No, I have one of these at home," Phoenix answers, "I'm fine just watching you."

"Well, that's not fair," Emilio answers, "I should get a chance to watch you, too."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"I'm trying to," Emilio laughs, "Am I that bad at it?"

"I don't know, I've never been flirted with before," Phoenix replies, "Do it some more."

"Well, now I'm self-conscious about it," Emilio says, smiling mischievously.

"Maybe I should just kiss you, then," Phoenix suggests.

_________________________________________________
Challenge Notes:
Thessaly is still alive! Every day, I expect a visit from Grim, but she just keeps on going.

"So, are you ever going to die, or what?"

Not that I'm in a hurry to see her dead or anything. Both Autumn and Rex lasted a long time as well.

Phoenix is definitely the heir. I'm so excited to get to her generation, I've been kind of rushing toward it. But I'll try to slow down during the teen stage to get to know her. Her traits are Athletic, Brave, Loves the Outdoors and Handy. Yes, I'm grooming her for the firefighter job.

Both Aislin and Trent have achieved their LTWs. Aislin's was to reach the top of the acting career. Trent's was to max painting and guitar skills.

7 comments:

  1. Love the update! Is child-Raven's skirt from the store, or can I download it?

    Hawke is my favorite but I can see why you'd pick Phoenix. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven's child outfit is a top that came with Town Life Stuff, and shorts from Generations.

    I like Hawke, too. Don't worry, he's going to have his own legacy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that solidifies my needing to get Town Life Stuff. D'=

    Also, LOVE the dude kicking the sandbox pic.

    Where is Phoenix's hair from? I know you use it often, such as on Regan in your first legacy, on toddler Autumn and on child Allyson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There isn't a ton of clothes in TLS, especially not for kids. But there's that.

    Nix's hair is here:
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/394792

    I don't use a lot of CC hair, but I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! For some reason I never saw that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phoenix is gorgeous, and I can't wait for her generation! With those traits (and her fiery red hair, lol), she'll make a fantastic firefighter.

    By the way, how old is Thessaly now? Does she have any life extending traits like vegetarian? I am curious what you consider to be "old" for a Sim and what is considered "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thessaly lived to be 124. 'Normal' depends on what your age is set at. With Generations, I extended the normal life span to around 100 days (default is 90). So she lived 24 days over the end of her life bar in the elder stage.
    She didn't have any life extending traits.
    From what I understand, once an elder has reached maximum on the life bar, they have a chance every day to die. I forget what the percentage is. Perhaps vegetarian reduces the chances of rolling for death every day.

    ReplyDelete