Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chapter 50: Betrayal

Aislin promised Trent she wouldn't go through with the breast augmentation, but she hasn't stopped thinking about it.

"Am I invited to this party?" Trent asks, coming up behind her and startling her.

Not waiting for her to respond, he pulls her around to kiss her. He's just out of the shower, his hair damp, his skin moist.

Trent lifts her up and drops her down on their bed.

"I got turned down for the role I auditioned for," Aislin says, "The actress who got the part has lovely, big breasts."

"This crap again?" Trent sighs, "You don't really think having bigger tits will make you a better actress, do you?"

"No, but I can't show my talent if no one will cast me. And it's always the girls with the tits who get the parts."

Trent takes a deep breath, there's no way to say what he has to say that's going to sound just right. "Baby, do you remember the first time you let me feel you up? My hand tingles every time I remember how that felt, the first time I touch your breasts. If you change them, you'll be messing with one of my most treasured memories."

Aislin giggles, "That's the silliest thing I've ever heard," she says, "But it's also incredibly romantic."

"Promise me," he whispers, kissing her, "Promise you won't do it."

"I promise."

Trent's artwork has gained him some international notoriety, and he's been asked to deliver some of his painting to a collector in France.

"I wish I could go with you," Aislin sighs. She's finally gotten a supporting role in a big movie, so she won't have the time to travel with her boyfriend.

"Me too," Trent says. But he's happy she got the part. He hopes it will put an end to the boob job issue that keeps coming up.

Trent arrives in Champs les Sims, and brings his paintings directly to the collector's house.

"Ah, it's you at last," she greets him at the door, "I'm Charlotte Dubois. I've longed to meet you in person."

"Everyone is just mad about your work here," Charlotte tells him, "And I am so thrilled to have you staying with me."

First, she wants to take him on a tour of the museum. They talk about art, and Trent tells her about the museum Aislin's family owns.

"Hmm, I am more interested in fine art than...curiosities," Charlotte answers with barely concealed disdain. "This girlfriend of yours, she's an artist as well?" When Trent replies that Ash is an actress, Charlotte responds with a throaty laugh. "Actresses aren't known for their fidelity," she says, "Aren't you worried to be leaving her alone?"

Trent's brows furrow. The idea of Aislin cheating on him never crossed his mind. "No, of course not. We're in love with each other."

Charlotte laughs again. "Love," she says, still laughing.


After the museum Charlotte takes him out to the market square to introduce him around to her friends.

"This is my dear friend Manon Godard," Charlotte introduces him.

"You are the new artist, yes?" Manon says, "Charlotte is quite the collector of artists." Something about the way the women look at each other and giggle unnerves Trent.


They way they look at him is downright frightening.

After the sun sets, Charlotte brings Trent back to her home. "Do you have children, you and your actress girlfriend?" Charlotte wants to know. Trent tells her they don't. "Ah, pity. Such a pretty boy, you will make lovely babies."


Then she scoots over toward him in a totally non-subtle manner.


"This is better, no?" she asks.

Trent wishes he had stayed in a hostel instead. But it's too late for that now. "I'm going to turn in," he says, "It was a long flight."

After he's fast asleep, Charlotte joins him in bed.

Trent wakes early to find Charlotte has snuck in while he slept.

"The hell...?" he sighs, glad that he had the forethought to wear something to bed. And glad, too, that the clothes he wore were still on him. If he stays in France another day, he's sleeping in a hostel for sure.

While Charlotte sleeps, Trent surfs the TV, flipping channels idly, until he sees something he can't believe. It's some entertainment industry gossip show, and they're doing a story about Brant Drummond, a rising young star with a new movie in production. The guy is going on about the hot video footage they've got of Brant's latest date with starlet Aislin Enmity.


And there on the screen, Trent sees Aislin dancing with the actor, bumping and grinding away like she didn't already have a boyfriend.

"The hell...?" Trent is not going to stay in France another night, not even for another minute. He has to get home and get Ash away from this Brant Drummond asshole.

While he's watching Aislin betray him on TV, Charlotte slips by him into the kitchen. Trent follows her in to tell her he has to leave. Before he can say a word, she launches into her plans for parading him around the town to her friends.

"Charlotte," he interrupts, "I just got some news, and I need to get home. I'm leaving today."

"Nonsense, you can't leave yet. I haven't done showing you off," she says with a laugh.

Trent snaps. "Look, I'm not your pet. I came here to deliver some paintings, that's it, not to be paraded around, and definitely not to be groped at while I'm sleeping. I have shit I need to take care of at home, and I'm leaving. Now."

"So temperamental!" Charlotte clucks, "But that is why I love artists, you are so passionate! Go take care of your 'shit'. Maybe someday you will come back, no?"

No, Trent thinks to himself, and rushes out to catch the next plane home.


7 comments:

  1. I love Charlotte and have ever since I took a photo of her for The Sims wikia: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Charlotte_Dubois.jpg

    She's so pretty!

    So I'm glad to see her get a feature!

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, DRAMA!! Aislin better have a good explanation for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Aislin... WELL! I guess we know how she got that job without the breast augmentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon Trent, you know the media lies. Also you have a cell phone, LOL.

    Great update. =) I miss travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Charlotte, too. I kept wanting to have Trent make a baby with her. But that's not where I wanted to go with this story, lol.

    Becky, you win the prize this week. I did actually think about having Trent call Aislin, but 1. phone conversations aren't as much fun in Sims as face to face ones, and 2. I think Trent wanted to get out of France at that point anyway. I mean, Charlotte got into bed with him while he was sleeping, lol. I even went to the trouble of buying an extra bed for her house, but no, she had to get in with Trent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting chapter! I have faith in Aislin, but I'm still curious to see what her explanation is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here! I love this chapter... Charlotte is an intriguing character. :)

    By the way, you did a fabulous job with her French accent. I can just picture her sitting around at a Parisian cafe talking to Manon Godard:

    Charlotte: "Trent is, how you say, a babe, no?
    Manon: "Oui! Oui!"

    ReplyDelete