Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chapter 51: Betrayal, 2

When Trent arrives home, he runs into Aislin on her way out. She looks surprised to se him, which is no wonder, because he cut his trip short by a few days. Does she also look a little guilty, or is Trent just seeing that because he wants her to be feeling guilty right now?

"We need to talk. Now," he says sharply, not even embracing her in greeting.

"Okay," she says, not arguing, meekly following him into heir bedroom. Yeah, she's guilty, all right, Trent decides.

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?" he says through clenched teeth, deliberately not shouting. Her parents are home, and he doesn't want them in on this.

"I just thought, if I took care of it while you were out of town, then when you got home, it would be a done deal. And you'd get over it and everything would be fine," Aislin says, her words coming out in a nervous babble. "How did you find out about, anyway?"

"It was on TV," Trent answers. Nothing she said made any sense but her last question.

"My boob job was on TV?" Aislin gasps, "Before it even happened?"

"Boob job?" Trent explodes, "So on top of cheating on me, you were going to break your promise not to do that, too?"

Aislin rocks backward at the accusation, glancing at the door, half expecting her father to barge in after Trent's outburst. "Cheating? I'm not cheating on you, Trent," she says softly, "I made an appointment for the breast augmentation, but I've never cheated on you."

"Ash, I saw you on TV, dancing with Brant Drummond. On a date. They did a whole story about it."

"Oh, that," Aislin sighs, "That was fake. The studio wanted to drum up some interest in the movie we're working on, so they made Brant and I go on a fake date for the media to talk about. Since I'm his romantic interest in the film, they wanted to generate some buzz about us as a couple."

"It looked pretty real to me," Trent complains, "The way you were looking at him, like the way you look at me."

"Well, we're actors," Aislin says, "Faking emotions is our job."



"And it doesn't bother you that the media is talking about your relationship to this guy, when you have a boyfriend? Aren't you worried about what they'll say when they find out me? Or am I supposed to hide in a closet?"

Aislin looks down at her feet, "My agent did want me to dump you, he said it would be better or my career, but I-"

"Okay, that's it," Trent says, angry and frustrated. "I'm not going to stay here and be in your way. Get your tits done, go out on your fake dates, and I'll just get my shit and get out of here."

"No," Aislin says firmly, "I'm not letting you run away from this, Trent. We're going to sit down and talk about this."

"Making the surgery appointment behind your back was stupid and wrong. I knew that enough to not tell my parents about it, either, " Aislin admits, "And I'm glad you came home in time to stop me. My career means a lot to me, but not enough to sacrifice everything to it, especially not you, Trent."

"I can't deal with you going out with other guys, Ash," Trent says, "Fake or not, it's kind of a deal breaker for me."

"There won't be any more fake dates," Aislin says.

"I want to believe you, Ash," Trent says, "But as soon as I left town, you were out breaking a promise you'd made, one that was really important to me. How am I supposed to trust you after that?"

"I wish I knew what to say to that," Aislin whispers, "I love you, Trent, and I don't want to lose you. If I've lost your trust, give me a chance to earn it back. Please."

Trent's smile is weak, but it's a smile. 

"I love you, Ash," Trent whispers, sliding in closer to kiss her, "I don't want to lose you. But I don't like feeling that I'm standing in your way."

"I don't want you to feel that way either, but it's my fault if you do. I've taken you for granted and mistreated you in pursuit fame. But that's not going to happen anymore."

Aislin gets down on her knee in romantic movie style, "Trent Roman, you are more important to me than anything or anybody in this world. Be my husband, and I will prove it to you."

"You sure that's the best thing for your career?" Trent asks.

"It's not. It's the best thing for me. For us."

_____________________________________________
Challenge Notes:
I waited until someone popped the wish to get married. And Aislin popped the wish to propose to Trent while they were kissing on the couch. So I granted it then and there. :D

I'm sad that I found some nipple rings for Trent, but they were made for a different skin default than the one I use. And they hang below the nipple on my default skin, making them look stupid. I don't want to change my default skins in the middle of a legacy, because my Sims may end up looking noticeably different, so, no nipple rings for Trent. 

6 comments:

  1. For the record, those "Fake dates" are a real thing. My aunt's an actress, her agent had her go on one with her leading actor and they actually hit it off. Then she dumped him, stopped acting and moved to Ireland where she now lives married to a farmer and raising their two daughters. I don't think Aislin would go for that.

    Aaaaw. No nipple rings? Dammit. There go all my mental fantasies of Trent. : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the fake date was inspired by the reality of fake dates, lol.
    In my mental fantasies of Trent, he has a nipple ring. Left nipple.
    But I can't make his Sim comply without the right CC, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you incorporated those fame dates into the plot. That makes the story make more sense, because they did seem really into each other. ^_^ Yay for happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley and Thessaly's genes went really well together. Quinn is pretty much a female Riley, and Kennedy takes after Thessaly mostly. Aislin is pretty evenly mixed between the two. She did get the giant chin that's been around since Corinne, lol.
    Trent also has a lot of chin, so I'm guessing the next heir will have it as well.
    I'm hoping the baby will get Trent's eyes. No they aren't pregnant yet, I'm waiting for one or both of them to have the 'Have Baby' wish. Which usually doesn't happen until after they've been married awhile, if you wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Aislin is very pretty!

    I was hoping it would be something like that, a big misunderstanding. I had thought it was going to be a scene from the movie she was filming that got "leaked" and presented as real, but I like the fake date better, as that is definitely a truth in the industry. There's also a bunch of fake marriages. haha

    ReplyDelete