Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chapter 53: Hawke, Phoenix, Raven

Chanda reminisces with Sheridan about what a great body he had, when he had a body.

"You and Trent have been married for some time now," Thessaly says, interrupting Aislin as she practices her lines in front of the mirror, "When are you going to have children?"

"Mom, getting pregnant now would be the worst thing for my career. Why don't you go bother Kennedy? She's still childless, and older than me."

Her father approaches to talk to her. Aislin can tell from the look in his eye, he's gong to pester her about providing him with grandchildren.

"We'll have kids when we're ready," she says before he can get a word out, "Not before."

Kennedy drops by for a visit to tell her parents she's been training for her first shuttle mission. Very soon, she will realize her dream of becoming an astronaut. Her parents just want to bitch about her younger sister's lack of children.

"What about you, Kennedy?" Thessaly asks when she's done disparaging Aislin for putting her career first, "Are you and Elton thinking about having children?"

"Elton has children," Kennedy reminds her mother, "And I'm going into space. Not the best place to be packing a fetus."

"All they do these days is nag me about having babies," Aislin complains to Kennedy when they get a moment together, "You'd think Quinn's and Riordan's kids would satisfy them, but no. They say they want five grandchildren."

"Yeah, and if they get five, you know they'll want ten," Kennedy answers.

Eventually, Thessaly and Riley get their wish. When Aislin gets a break in her shooting schedule, she and Trent decide the the time is right to start their family.

"My father is insane," Trent frets, "What if our baby gets it from him? Maybe this was a bad idea..."

"Shh,"Aislin silences him with a kiss, "Everything's going to be all right."


Thessaly and Riley wanted a grandchild; Aislin and Trent provided them with three.

"You know, with the triplets, we are just three grandchildren short of having ten," Thessaly remarks.

"Ten grandchildren would be quite an achievement," Riley answers.

Hawke Enmity has Riley's blue eyes and brown hair. No one knows where that came from.

Raven has black hair and pale green eyes.

Phoenix is a redhead with her father's yellow-brown eyes.

The studio is anxious to get the young mother out in public again, to show off her figure before they start filming the next movie.

"I can't wait to get you home," Trent murmurs appreciatively.

"We don't have to wait," Aislin suggests.

The couple dash into the elevator for a quickie.

But are unfortunately interrupted by patrons who want to use the elevator for transportation.

"So, what are you two up to?" quips Delvin Farmer-Ramaswami as he joins them for the ride.

Aislin heads back to the set the next morning, ready to prove to the world that she still has it.

Riley doesn't live to see his youngest grandchildren become children.


_______________________________________________
Challenge Notes:
Both Goal and Fun are ongoing, so there's no status report except to say, still doing opportunities and changing Aislin's outfits.

The roll for Gen 9 is Couple, 2 kids, primary career Firefighter, secondary Fisher. The goal is Perfectionist and the Misc Fun is Living in the Past.

So, I almost took my Joker on the living in the past. Because look at my house. Sure, it's possible to take away all the appliances and electronics and showers, but coming up with a story for why someone would do that while living in such a modern house is not so easy. Nor do I want to play in that house stripped of its lighting fixtures and things. I always hoped that if I ever did roll this one, it would be in gen 1, where you could start with nothing but what's allowed, rather than strip down your already established and furnished house. So, that's what I'm going to do. Start gen 9 from a gen 1 position of poverty. But that's enough of that, don't want to make it a spoiler. I'm just glad I have a plan.

I didn't roll for an heir because there was supposed to be only one child, and I got three. Phoenix is the early favorite. I'm thrilled that both girls resemble their father most. Especially, they have his eyes.

6 comments:

  1. Epic update. I bet the press was pleased to report triplets. ;)

    So did you wait for them to be toddlers before naming them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Phoenix has Aislin's hair. <3 Its the little things that I appreciate.

    Riley's death made me sad. I really loved him and Thessaly (Also thank you for the Sheridan cameo. <3 He's still my fav ever).

    I'm excited for your ninth gen now! I wanna know how (insert heir here) goes from being the son/daughter of a giant movie star and famous artist to poverty worthy of a first generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually named them at birth. And I got amazingly lucky that Raven has black hair and Phoenix has red, lol.
    Hawke came first, I named him after the Dragon Age 2 protagonist. Then he was followed by two girls I had to come up with names for.

    I'm actually excited about Gen 9 too. I haven't had a story this planned out ahead of time in awhile, and it will be fun making it come together.

    Riley and Thessaly both have had really long lives. Riley clocked in at 115 days. I'm happy for them that they got to see Aislin's kids. I waited on that until Trent and Aislin rolled the have baby wish, so it took awhile for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really did luck out on the names! Triplets, yikes!!!

    I too am now quite anxious to see how this next GEN plays out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing how your planned story for this generation plays out, a descent into poverty sounds very interesting.

    I love the way Riley & Thessaly were obsessing about having lots of grandchildren too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had triplets before. I wanted twins, so I'd have a better shot at getting an heir with some of Trent's features (I really love his eyes, especially), so I planted Aislin in front of the TV watching the Kidz Channel throughout her pregnancy. And presto! Triplets!
    Luckily I had Thessaly and Riley around to help with the toddler training. They both have Family Oriented, so they can train the kids faster. Also, they have trance sleep reward and wake up insanely early, so they were handy for those 3am feedings and stuff.
    From the time Aislin married, both her parents had 'Become Grandparent' and 'Have 5 grandchildren' wishes locked in, so I wasn't even making their obsession up.
    I just wish there really was a 'nag adult children about providing grandchildren' interaction for elders. It would be so realistic.

    ReplyDelete