Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chapter 52: Leg Man

Aislin decides to make her real relationship public, in defiance of the studio's wishes.

The paparazzi are of course all over the story of her 'betrayal' of Brant Drummond.

The studio was less than thrilled with Aislin's decision. Instead of the media buzzing about her romance with the male lead, they were buzzing about her new affair with the hot young artist. Brant was getting no press at all, and he's the star of the movie.

It might not have been the attention they were aiming for, but the studio will make use of whatever attention they can get. Since the media is on fire about Aislin, they will expand her role. And they want to make her upcoming wedding a media event they can use for publicity.

Aislin comes home from the set that day, not thrilled at the prospect of telling Trent what the studio wants from them.

"She has nice breasts," Aislin comments on the mermaid sculpture he's working on. Her relationship is not the only thing the studio was on her about today, the breast issue is never going to go away, and Aislin still feels inadequate compared to other actresses.

"Yeah, but I'm more of a leg man," Trent replies, "So she's not really my type."

"We need to talk about about our wedding plans," she says reluctantly.

"Okay," Trent says, not looking up from his work.

"Maybe later, when you're not wielding a chainsaw," Aislin says, glad for any reprieve.

While Trent finishes his work, Aislin heads up stairs to work out. The studio has also been on her about her scrawny arms. That, at least, is something she can improve without resorting to surgery.

When their work is done, the couple meet in the shower.

"You want to talk now?" Trent asks.

"No, I'd rather do something else," Aislin suggests.

Eventually, though, the talk must happen.

"They want us to have a huge event," Aislin tells him, "Designer clothes, celebrity guests, paparazzi,"

"What do you want, Ash?" Trent asks.

"I've done so many things to piss the studio off, I'm going to get a diva reputation. I'd like to cooperate with them about something. But I'd prefer a small family wedding, honestly. And I want you to be happy, too, as it's your wedding as much as mine."

"I don't really care about the wedding, Ash," Trent says, "I don't have any family left, and you've always been my closest friend. The only thing I care about is us. So if you want a giant media event, I'll play along."

In the end, Aislin met the studio halfway. Her wedding would be a small family affair, in her own house. But she'd allow paparazzi presence, and she and Trent would dress up nice for the pictures.

"I feel like a monkey," Trent sighs, "I hate ties. I hate suits."

"You look great," Aislin assures him, though she thinks he looks as uncomfortable as he feels.

Thessaly is overjoyed, she and Riley have been waiting for their youngest to finally tie the knot. They have grandchildren from Quinn, and Riordan and Hannah just had a baby, but they want a grandchild here in the house with them.

Kennedy has married, to Elton Ramaswami, but there have been no children yet. Kennedy is a fighter pilot now, and is more interested in her career than in children. Her husband is an older man, with a son who is himself a newlywed.

Guests begin to take their places for the ceremony. Demond shows up, but the sun quickly proves too much for him, and he makes an early exit. Kennedy's husband Elton stands between the bride's parents. Being insane, he chose an athletic outfit for this formal affair. Riley is as uncomfortable in his tuxedo as his son-in-law to be. Who invented ties, anyway? They should be banned.

The bride's siblings take their seats. Riordan's wife Hannah prefers to stand at her husband's side rather than find a chair. Kennedy would be more comfortable if she were wearing pants.

The couple take their vows.

"Can we go inside and take these clothes off now?" Trent asks.

"Cake first," Aislin reminds him.

The paparazzi note who was wearing what for the paper, disappointed by the lack of celebrity guests. The mother of the bride is a famous author, but who reads books?

While their guests enjoy cake and small talk, Trent and Aislin get out of their clothes.


_____________________________________________
Challenge Notes:
Not much to note here. I'm having fun with Opportunist. I've never rolled that one before. And Fashion Diva, again. Who knows maybe afer doing that one twice in a row, I may start changing my Sims' clothes more often. In this chapter, Aislin got a change of sleepwear, two formal outfits (one for clubbing, the other for wedding) and a new athletic wear (though that might not count as she never wore athletic wear until she got that celeb opportunity to work out for 4 hours. I had to change her out of the default athletic outfit she got at age up for the first time.)
Trent also get somewhat frequent outfit changes. Like Thessaly before him, he has a 'work' outfit for doing art stuff in (I'm pretending that art is as messy in Sims as it is in real life, lol). That comes in the shirted and shirtless varieties. So he'll switch outfits everyday, as I make him change out off work clothes when he's done.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Aislin's traits. So here they are : Artistic, Excitable, Party Animal, Dramatic, Charismatic.
Trent is : Virtuoso, Hates Outdoors, Childish, Artistic, Vehicle Enthusiast. He recently became best friends with his Beratti. He hasn't named it, though.

Wedding out takes:


4 comments:

  1. Pretty wedding! I adore Aislin and Trent. I am really enjoying getting to see their life before kids. But I guess as you only need 1 child this generation, you have the luxury of waiting a while and exploring their relationship before jumping into the family thing. Anyway, I love this generation!

    And Aislin's comment about the mermaid sculpture... "She has nice breasts" ...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I waited for Trent and Aislin to roll wishes to get married before they got married, and now I'm waiting for them roll a have baby wish before they have their one kid this generation. Of course, if they reach Adult before rolling that wish, then they'll have to have one want it or not, lol.
    But it is nice to be able to take my time about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say how nice the wedding was, or how much fun it is to read about Aislan's character... but then I got to the outtakes and i just HAVE to comment on those instead. xD

    You should have kept the first one in! Its just so... in character for them, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 You're so lucky to have rolled artist so many times.

    ReplyDelete