Friday, June 17, 2011

Chapter 23: The Trials of Being Wealthy

Caroline becomes a child, and joins the grown up artists in the studio.

Her paintings reflect the turmoil of her early life and her strong need for security.

Caroline signed up for ballet class after school, and rushes to show off her new plie skills to Darryl when she comes home. More than anything, she wants her stepfather to love her.

Darryl does his best to reassure the girl that she's loved.

Darius and Autumn aren't getting ant younger, and wonder why their grown children have yet to produce any grandchildren for them. "When we were Darryl's age, we had three children," Darius complains.

They don't have to wait much longer, their first grandchild is on the way.

Darryl and Corinne have a daughter, Tamsin.

Corinne builds a treehouse for the girls in the backyard. When she's finished, she invites Darryl to come inspect it before they show it to Caroline the next day.

The couple can't help but get romantic while they're up there.

Corinne leans on her husband's shoulder and sighs contentedly. "I'm finally getting used to being happy," she says.

Tamsin becomes a toddler.

Darius is thrilled to have another child to teach to walk.

Autumn may be an elder, but she's not retiring any time soon. But being a world renowned surgeon means she has plenty of days off to spend with her granddaughter at the park.

Darryl catches a burglar trying to steal his gnomes. Or his cars. Either way, he's not about to let that happen.

While her son gives the would be thief a sound and deserved thrashing, Autumn muses on the trials of being wealthy.

Caught outside before she could trip the alarm inside the front door, the police were not alerted to the crime taking place right across the street from their headquarters. The burglar slinks away with no bounty, but free.


Caroline won a trophy at her ballet recital. Her pirouettes are better than anyone's.

"When I start high school, I'm going to join the art club," Caroline says, "I'm going to be a great artist like you when I grow up."

High School? Grow Up? Already?

Everything is happening so quickly, these little girls will not be little for very long.

Nothing can slow the passage of time; Caroline becomes a teen.

__________________________________________________________

Challenge Notes:
Generation 5 is born. The fulfills the required 2 children, half-siblings and Step-Children requirement.

The roll for Gen. 5 is: Couple, 2 kids, primary career Ghost Hunter, secondary career Collector. Goal is Awesome and Fun is Tattoo Addict.
I've never rolled Collector or Awesome before, so that's new. And I already know what I'm gong to do.

Tamsin's traits are Eccentric and Brave, since she'll be a Ghost Hunter.
Caroline was born with Artistic and Friendly, as a child she got Bookworm and as a teen Loves the Outdoors on random rolls.

Generation 4 goal for Fulfilled is still in progress. Darryl has maxed Painting skill and is level 8 in Cooking. He's tied at level 7 in Sculpting and Charisma. He needs to max three skills for his LTW.
Corinne's LTW is to max Handiness and Logic. She's got Handiness up to 8 and Logic to 7. She's maxed Inventing, and made all the inventions (except Simbot), but that doesn't apply to her LTW.
So, most of Darryl and Corinne's time is taken working on their skills and on creating stuff for their careers. Even though I'm not required to max careers, I want trophies!
But that means less drama this generation, as my Sims are too busy working to put on a show.

4 comments:

  1. I love Tamsin's eyes.

    If I remember from my Petz4 days, that's a dog breed, but... but I really don't remember. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamsin is not a very common name, it's a short form of Thomasina.
    I really like that name, I use it fairly often. Though this is the first time I've used it in these legacies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a nice quiet generation is just what you need. =) I like a happy home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to finally see a quiet generation. Your legacy deserves it after what you put Carey, Jasmin and Gibson though!

    In all honesty though, I'm happy to see a nice, quiet, satisfied generation for once. Caroline is such a pretty teen. I usually hate using those lips on my sims, but they suit her well.

    ReplyDelete