Monday, June 6, 2011

Chapter 17: Rebel, Rebel

Meadow has joined both the music and drama clubs at her school. Musical talent runs in the Enmity line, and Meadow is a virtuoso like her mother and grandfather. Unlike them, she isn't focused solely on the guitar.

Because she's so studious and serious, people are always surprised Autumn's enthusiasm for dancing. No one has ever been surprised to see Darius out on the dance floor.

Autumn always wanted children, so the couple don't wait long to get started on their first.

Foster Enmity outlived even his wife Sandra, who was much younger than him, but even he had to meet the Reaper eventually. Jasmin sees her father buried beside Carey.

Jasmin mourns Carey along with Foster. Her father would have never managed without the help of his best friend, just as she could not have managed without Gibson.

Angry at the world, Meadow decides to egg her father's house again. Larry Treebeard just stands there while she lobs eggs at the huge windows.

This time, her prank attracts Shelby's ire. Larry continues to stand woodenly, hoping no one involves him in this eggy mess.

"You! Again!" he yells at her, "I'm going to call your parents!"

"Call yourself!" Meadow yells back at him, "I'm right here, 'Dad', if you want to punish me."


"What did you just call me?" Shelby asks, the anger drained out of his voice.

"I called you Dad,"Meadow snarls, "Not that you deserve it, since you've never bothered with actually being my father."

"I'm....your father?" Shelby asks.

"Duh," Meadow answers, "Don''t pretend you didn't notice the woman you'd slept with that lives across the street was pregnant."

"Yes, I saw she was pregnant. But everyone knows that she and Gibson...I just assumed, since she didn't tell me..." Shelby stops talking and just looks at Meadow for a minute. "You are obviously my daughter, I can see that," he finally says, "I'm so sorry. I wish I had known."

"Sorry?" Meadow says scornfully, "So, what, now you think we can just be buds? I don't think so. I never had a father, and I don't need one now!"

Autumn and Darius have been buying new things for the house left and right. Gibson immediately gets to work upgrading the new trash compactor. Darius cheers his father's efforts enthusiastically.

Darius walks to the hospital with Autumn when she goes into labor.

"Don't worry," Autumn soothes her trembling husband, "It's going to be fine."

Autumn and Darius come home with a son, Darryl.

The hospital gives Autumn a long maternity leave. She misses her work, but appreciates the time she has to spend with  her family.

With her mother and Gibson on hand to care for the baby, Autumn's maternity leave gets spent in large part with her husband.

Meadow goes on a final date with Fred as a teen. He's older than she is and will be graduating tomorrow.

"I'll wait for you, Meadow," Fred promises.

"You'd better," Meadow answers.

With all the free time her maternity leave gave her, Autumn found herself pregnant again, with more maternity leave time added on.

"I feel like I'm never going to get back to work," Autumn sighs, "Everyone else is getting promotions, and I'm on hold here with nothing to do."

"I'm not keeping you busy enough?" Darius asks, pulling her closer.

Autumn laughs, "You keep me plenty busy. That's why I'm pregnant again."

"You'll catch up on career in no time," Darius assures her, "Enjoy the time we have while we have it."

The gnome has also been keeping busy.

Darryl becomes a toddler. His grandfather Gibson has gone gray.

Autumn remains torn between her desire to get back to her job and advance in her career, and her devotion to her family.

This time, Autumn and Darius come home from the hospital with twins, one boy, Julian, and one girl, Julia.

Julia is excitable, and her first stroller ride is a huge thrill.

Meadow goes to visit Fred after his work hours. He's got a job in City Hall and plans to run for office someday.

"They won't let me take you to the prom. Stupid school," Meadow tells him.

"It's understandable, they don't want adults dating teens."

"It's not like you're some creepy old guy," Meadow complains, "You just graduated yourself."

"The rules are the rules," Fred says, "I'm sorry I can't go with you. But don't let that hold you back, you can still have a good time."

"I'm not going without you," Meadow answers.

"You shouldn't miss out on something so important just because I can't be there," Fred says.

"Prom isn't important to me if you can't be there," Meadow answers, "I can't imagine anything I'd rather do less than dress up and go to a dance without you."

Fred is overcome with emotion. Which happens to him fairly frequently.

"I've been practicing," Meadow changes the subject, "Listen." She sings 'Je t'aime' for him, a French song he learned from his mother and taught to Meadow.

"Beautiful," Fred sighs, "You have such a lovely voice."

Autumn uses her maternity leave to take Darryl to the park.

He does not want to get off the bouncy ride.

But his tantrum is over when Autumn brings out a book to read to him.

Jasmin has a birthday.

Meadow is horrified. Her mother and Gibson are so old. She never wants to be that old, ever.


_______________________________________________________

Challenge Notes:
Maternity leave sucks. I gave Autumn the fertility treatment award for her second pregnancy so she'd only have 2 maternity leaves, not 3 for the three required kids.

Roll for Gen 4 is Step Children (I will do a combo of step child and biological child of my heir), 2 kids. Primary career is Artist, secondary Inventor. The goal will be Fulfilled and Misc. Fun half-siblings. I'm getting a lot of repeats in this legacy. I'm doing an artist career now, and this will be my third time with half-siblings. (And half-siblings kind of goes with step children, anyway, I couldn't not do half siblings for this generation, lol). Lucky for me I like playing artists and musicians.

So, this stupid game schedule's Meadow's prom for Sunday and her birthday is the Saturday before. Even if I wanted to send her dateless or find her another date, she'll be too old for it on the day it is scheduled. I wish her rebellious pranks were more photoworthy. She released 50,000 frogs from the science lab. But that all happened inside a rabbithole, so I have no photo proof of this for my blog.

Fred is a vampire, has blue skin and is French. So multi-cultural. And I didn't even roll for it, lol.

6 comments:

  1. Someone added in that you're allowed to re-roll if you get the same career twice in a row. But if you like the roll, definitely keep it. =)

    And yeah, the game does some pretty retarded stuff with the new features. My kids finally got to go on their field trip. They got the opportunity 3 times, only to be forced to "skip" school the first two times because of routing problems and the pile-up in front of the school.

    Fred and Meadow's relationship is very cute. And I love the pic of Darius cheering his father, lol.

    I just realized I still have my old no maternity leave mod still in the game. I don't know if it works or not, and both Yasu and her husband will have home careers, so I guess I can take it out. I hope it hasn't been screwing with my game without me realizing. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice update! your babies are really cute in their strollers (Who's your heir?) Yes, you're allowed to reroll if you've rolled artist twice in a row. And I had thought that you would have prefer to try the new EP careers (day care and chemistry addict).. And where have you found the baby gnome? it's cute lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know I could reroll the artist career, but I like that career, so I decided to keep it. If I rooled medical again, though, I would reroll.
    mimi, I just removed chemistry addict from the careers. There's no way to make money from it. If you delete a potion, you get no money. Discovering new potions is free, but once you learn a new potion, it costs you money to make it again. Some potions are very expensive to make. So, anyone could do it as a hobby/logic skilling, but it is no good for a career.
    I'm actually not interested in the day care career. I'm not a big fan of the toddler stage, raising my Sims' toddlers is more than enough. So I will wait to roll it before I try it.
    I took my old maternity leave mod out. It hasn't been updated and I don't know if it works. But since they've added more leave time for weddings, too, I'm afraid it might need updating.
    I did add days to the YA/A stages to compensate some for the lost maternity leave time.

    Darryl is the heir. The baby gnome came from the first gnome. He spawned it after the wedding party. They are supposed to age (and die?) now, so my baby gnome will go through life stages. Looking forward to surly teen gnome, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just deleted chemistry addict? Lol... that's fine, though I personally switched gen 10's secondary career to that already. It's true any sim can take up a hobby, but I really really want to experiment. *blush*

    I wonder if the original gnome also dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, there is literally no way to make money off it, so it can't work as a career. You are always free to experiment with it, and even blow off a rolled career in favor of mixing potions all day. But since the potions aren't saleable and actually cost money to make after they're discovered (some cost thousands of simoleons to make, others only 5) it really can't be counted as a career.
    Chemistry addict was just added on to Freelance Scientist, so if you want to switch your gen 11 partner to that and include a lot of chemistry experimenting, there's nothing wrong with that. When Lyle Carlton was a Freelance Scientist, he spent more time inventing (without being able to sell his inventions) than he did doing the allowed Freelance Scientist activities. If he had the chem set available, he would have played with that a lot too.
    LOL, the name chemistry addict reminds me of the Fallout series. There are a lot of chems you can create and use in that game, and using them frequently leads to addiction, and they call it Chem Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I was hoping Julia was the heir, that's my mom's name :P I realllllly hope that she gets Autumn's hair :)

    I love little Darryl's temper tantrum though :P

    ReplyDelete