Monday, May 30, 2011

Chapter 14: Let's Spend the Night Together

As though they had made a pact not to discuss it, Jasmin and Gibson go about their day as though nothing had happened between them the night before, as though nothing had changed.

Later in the evening, after Meadow has gone to bed and Darius and Autumn have gone out, Jasmin leads Gibson into her room.

"You've been so quiet all day," she says, though she's just as guilty of silence as he's been.

"I've been expecting you to tell me last night never happened and that you don't want me to ever mention again," Gibson admits. They had been a little, maybe a lot, buzzed when they finally gave into their passion, so he wasn't sure how she felt about it, and him, the morning after.

"But it did happen, and it was great," Jasmin says, echoing the words he said to her the morning after their first kiss at Howl.

With the lingering tension finally released, Jasmin and Gibson are finally able to relax in each other's company

"I thought that the fact that you had women in your life meant you'd didn't really love me," Jasmin admits,  "But I loved you even when I was with other men. I should have known your feelings hadn't changed, just like mine hadn't."

"That's all in the past," Gibson answers, "Now we start our future."

Autumn and Darius went out dancing at Cog. The club is dead tonight and the couple have the dance floor to themselves.

Alone or in a crowd like the one that surrounded them at Howl the night before, Darius and Autumn are always too wrapped in each to notice anyone else.

"It's hard to say goodnight when we live in the same house," Darius sighs. Autumn has followed him up to his room for a last kiss goodnight.

"Maybe we don't have to say goodnight," Autumn suggests, her eyes moving over to his bed.

"That is so tempting," Darius answers quietly, "But I think not."

"No?" Autumn's voice is barely audible. It had taken all her courage to even make the suggestion, and having it rejected knocked her back a peg.

"You kill me with the sad kitten eyes," Darius sighs, "It's not that I don't want you. You know I do, I love you like crazy. I just want to wait. For our wedding night."

"Wedding?" Autumn asks, "Are you proposing to me?"

Darius laughs, "More like presumptuously assuming we had an understanding. But since it's come up, Will you marry me, Autumn?"

"As soon as we graduate," Autumn promises.

Carey doesn't outlive Roslyn by very much, and Gibson buries his father beside his mother at the Green Gates cemetery.

Jasmin's agent has been sending her out on more and more publicity gigs, have a drink at this bar, dance at this club, be seen here, be seen there. It's not what she wanted when she became a musician, but at least she now has Gibson along with her when her agent sends her out.

After she's done her time on the dance floor, and the couple is heading toward the elevator to leave, Jasmin spots a familiar face at the bar.

"That's Isabella Roth, my half-sister," she whispers, squeezing Gibson's hand. Isabella hasn't followed in her parents' footsteps at all, but has gone into politics. The child of Riverblosson Hills' two biggest celebrities and heir to the vast Roth fortune, Isabella wields incredible power and influence for one so young. "Do you think I should introduce myself?" Jasmin asks.

"Your call," Gibson answers, nervous at the thought of approaching her.

Jasmin looks around, and not seeing her father anywhere, decides against introducing herself. Foster hadn't had much contact with his older children after he married Sandra Roth, and who knows what Isabella knows or thinks about her half-siblings.

After finally getting together, Gibson and Jasmin's life has become an extended honeymoon. They can barely keep their hands off each other and can't even wait to get home to their bed, and make love in the elevator ride out of the club.


________________________________________________________

Challenge Notes:
Short update, by my update standards. I'm getting Generations tomorrow and have been holding off playing until I have it (and the major mods I use are updated for it) because I'd like to send Darius and Autumn to prom together. They don't have much teen time left, so I hope I can do that.  I'm also looking forward to using the new wedding arch and whatever else is new for weddings for their wedding, which will be that generation's Party To Remember goal party. So this will be the last update until after Twallan's mods are updated for Generations. Which should not be too long, he usually updates very quickly.

Jasmin achieved her LTW. She's currently level 8 of the music career and a 4 star celeb.

Jasmin's mother, Maya, and her husband Philip, also died not too long ago, but as Jasmin never really knew her mother, it didn't make it into the story. Their son Percy, Jasmin's half-brother, is currently dating Gibson's daughter Sherrie.

7 comments:

  1. Great update! =)

    Percy and Sherrie being together might be the best possible thing, in terms of causing less chances of inbreeding in the future. =P I mean if they have 3 kids together, rather than 3 kids a piece with unrelated people, that's 3 people your next heir must avoid instead of 6.

    I think I'm going to be obsessive about that in my next legacy. x.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elevator pic, by the way. And Jasmin's room is really cool looking. You always have such lovely surroundings. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    The worst part about having single parent/half sibling rolls is the other parents are all free to breed more kids on their own. Parker's mother had 1 daughter (now married to Dante), Jasmin's mother had one daughter and one son, and of course Foster had a second child with Sandra Roth to be the Roth heir. (I was in danger of losing that family as Sandra's brother Xander did not seem inclined to breed. He's an elder now still with no kids, so I was right, lol)
    And now the father's of Jasmin's two kids have gone on to have more kids with their wives. So, I have a world of half-siblings out there, lol. Luckily there are also a lot of non-related Sims, too, and I get a lot of immigrants.
    And thanks for the compliment to my interior decor. I spent ten years paying off the student loans for my art degree, and decorating Sims homes is all I have to show for it, lol.
    Jasmin's favorite color is gray, which is always hard to work with.
    But worse, Autumn's is yellow and Darius' is pink. If I decorate their future room in their favorite colors, it will look like an Easter basket. bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's why their formal wear is yellow and pink. =) So cute!

    I picked an awful major myself. Ended up working in a very opposite field... for now. ='(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I like to use Sims' favorite colors somewhere in their clothes or bedroom decor. I'm thinking for Darius and Autumn when they start sharing a bedroom, I'll go with a beige or cream with pink and yellow accents, so I avoid the pastel Easter bunny palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you're immigrants genetically related to any of the sims in your bin and if so how do you set it up? I've got tons of pretty sims in my bin, but when immigrants spawn they NEVER look like any of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. You need Twallan's Story Progression mod, and the Expanded Module for Story Progression.
    Then you can fiddle in the Immigration settings to increase the chances of getting immigrant Sims who are based on your bin Sims

    ReplyDelete